We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Specialists consider the domestic grape variety “Pamyat Dombkovskaya” to be one of the most promising for growing in regions close to the conditions of risky farming - in the north, Altai, Siberia and others.
Grapes “In memory of Dombkovskaya”, also known as ChBZ, - a black seedless winter-hardy variety, obtained by the famous Orenburg enthusiast Fedor Ilyich Shatilov more than thirty years ago. The “parents” of this wonderful grape were the dawn of the North, from which he inherited his exceptional winter hardiness and productivity, and unique Kishmish. From the latter, he adopted the tender, juicy, pitted flesh.
To distribute his best creations, the famous breeder donated tens of thousands of cuttings to Chelyabinsk garden farms, where a record harvest of ChBZ grapes was grown. As a sign of respect to her colleague, Yanina Adamovna Dombkovskaya, who had worked with him for many years, this grape got its current name from F. I. Shatalov.
Biological Description of the Variety
Grapes "In memory of Dombkowska" - table-raisin. His bush is strong, fast-growing, with a thick and strong vine. She grows even in conditions of risky farming by 5 meters, manages to fully mature in a season.
Its dark green carved leaves with long stalks have a barely noticeable edge, similar to cobwebs. Berries of medium size, collected in large clusters, appear almost black. They ripen depending on the climate of a particular area from mid-August to the end of September. And in particularly favorable conditions, the first ripe clusters can please the owners in early August. Ripe clusters left on the bush do not crack and continue to gain sweetness. And at the end of autumn, slightly staring in the sun, they become like raisins.
These berries have maroon juicy sweet and sour flesh, a thin skin covered with a small wax layer. Their taste is very pleasant, and there are no seeds in the grape pulp. When overloading bushes with a crop, the taste of berries may deteriorate, those. they become acidic or even begin to bitter. In addition, they are smaller.
Flowers, like most hybrid grape varieties, are bisexual in ChBZ.
Grapes “In memory of Dombkovskaya”: cultivation and care
“In memory of Dombkovskaya” is classified as an early ripening variety, as from the time of buds to ripen fruit ripens in his case from 90 to 115 days.
The grapes are quite large, their weight is 300-700 g. The sugar content of the berries is average (up to a maximum of 20 g per 100 g of pulp).
The first brushes appear already on two-year-old bushes. And in the fifth season it is already possible to harvest a full crop - at least 10 kg from the bush, although this is not the limit.
The best load for the variety is considered to be about fifty eyes and three dozen green shoots per bush. For him, a long trim is carried out - up to 10 eyes.
“In memory of Dombkowska” is a special grape variety intended for growing under critical conditions, therefore it has a number of unique properties, thanks to which many wine-growers know and appreciate it:
- Frost resistance. Under snow, high pruned vines can withstand temperatures of up to 28 degrees below zero. And with additional insulation - up to 30 degrees.
- Productivity For its zone, it is one of the most reliable and high-yielding grape varieties.
- Disease resistance. This grape is quite tall. Even when the leaves are affected by fungal diseases (mildew or oidium) after spraying, the plants fully recover and continue to bear fruit.
- Drought tolerance - is at an average level.
- Fruiting Dates - early and stable.
- The ability to adapt to harsh climatic conditions is high. Vine for a short summer season manages to fully ripen.
- The taste of the fruit - pleasantand their color is rich and impressive.
For a seedling, a place well-warmed up by the sun is chosen, it is better - next to the south wall of the house. For each bush, an area of one and a half to three meters is allocated. And then they carry out the following activities:
- Dig holes for bushes a meter deep.
- To ensure good drainage, a layer of gravel is laid in them, and compost or humus is used to power the seedlings.
- Sand is added to the soil extracted from the pit to a third of the volume and is poured back, leaving a recess for the seedling.
- A seedling with straightened roots is placed in a hole, sprinkled with earth, which is then compacted.
- Then it is poured with warm water in such an amount that the earth is well saturated.
- So that the soil is better warmed up by the sun, the trunk circle is mulched with dark materials.
Grapes need such agricultural activities:
- Watering begins in late June. To avoid the rapid evaporation of water in the summer heat, it is best to water the plants through a special tube. During the planting of a seedling, one end of it is placed in the hole, departing from the roots of the plant by 10-20 cm, and the other is brought out and covered with a lid to avoid clogging. Water for irrigation should be warmed up. Watering is stopped during the period of coloring the berries, so that they gain sweetness.
- Fertilizing grapes with mullein, slurry and mineral fertilizers are carried out for the season no more than two times - in early spring and before fruiting. It is better to combine this process with watering. Frequent top dressing is undesirable because they cause leaf growth to the detriment of the fruit. For young plants, the fertilizing that was carried out during their planting is enough.
- In early spring necessary prophylactically twice with a small interval spray grapes with special preparations from mildew, oidium or anthracnose.
- Preparing for the winter. This grape variety does not freeze under a thick layer of snow. In a snowy winter, its vines, pressed to the ground, need additional insulation. To prevent rodents from starting there, it is recommended to lay burnt felt or wool between the covering layers.
You may also be interested in an article in which we talk about the features of autumn pruning of grapes.
Reviews of winegrowers
Orenburg, Chelyabinsk, Penza and other gardeners living in regions with harsh winters have long appreciated the grapes of “Pamyatka Dombkovskaya”. They believe that the cultivation of this winter-hardy variety is not troublesome; his brushes are beautiful, with a pleasant taste. The yield of this variety is higher and more stable than other local grape varieties. Some growers on their plot receive from three-year-old bushes almost one and a half hundreds of berry clusters (2 for each shoot), each of which weighs from 300 to 700 grams.
Although in assessing the taste of the wine obtained from these berries, their opinions differ sharply, but otherwise they are unanimous. Everyone believes that this grape is worth the effort spent on it.
Grapes: variety selection
One of the best winter-hardy Pamyat Dombkovskaya grape varieties is a gift for gardeners who cultivate this originally southern culture in the conditions of severe, frosty winters and late, short summers.